IGP VO Lite Tracking, Obedience & Protection phases as per UKBSWDA.
A2. Before dogs are allowed to participate or train in any aspect of the Sport, they must be of good physical fitness and free from infectious ailments, be approved by the relevant Club Trainer as being suitable for the sport.
If the trials manager or trials judge sees a dog limping or unfit they will ask the handler to remove the dog from such trials.
The handler must be a member of a recognized SchH / IPO association and provide evidence, in instances of participants taking part who are not members of the UKBSWDA -WDB, an extra fee on top of the advertised entry fee may be charged this will be at the discretion of the hosting club.
A3. Dogs entered for competition MUST be tattooed or micro-chipped (it will be the trials manage responsibility to provide a suitable microchip scanner in this instance we use the HALO scanner which will detect if a dog has been reported as lost or stolen & if such evidence is found the participant will be removed from the trial & the handler reported to the relevant authorities). It is the Trial Manager’s responsibility to ensure compliance & any dog not having this will be excluded from said trial.
A4. Training on the Trials Helpers on the Trials field during the period of the Trial is at the discretion of the Trials Manager or the Judge & must not interfere with the trial or other competitors.
A5. Training on the Trials field at every event will be controlled by the Trials Manager and dogs will be allowed only with a loose fitting chain collar.
A6. Only fully paid up members of the UKBSWDA member club will be eligible to enter UKBSWDA trials. It is not necessary for spectators at Trials or Seminars to be members of the UKBSWDA.
A7. Non UKBSWDA handlers may enter although they may be subject to an entry fee increased of the advertised entry fee this will be at the discretion of the hosting club.
A8. Helpers must not wear hats when working in Trials.
A9. Helpers must not wear metal studded footwear when working in Trials and must be checked by both the trials manage & trials judge.
A10. Only UKBSWDA -WDB licensed Helpers or foreign Helpers who are qualified by experience or qualification from a IGP organisation shall be used at any trial with their respective status recognised & helpers book must be presented for inspection.
A11. Only UKBSWDA -WDB licensed Tracklayers or foreign Tracklayers who are qualified by experience or qualification from a IGP organisation shall be used at any trial with their respective status recognised & track laying booklet presented to the trials manager for confirmation.
A12. The UKBSWDA working director shall be responsible for confirming the current status of all visiting foreign Judges and helpers before they are allowed to participate in UKBSWDA Trials.
A13. In the event a club wishes to use a non UKBSWDA helper or tracklayer, he or she must be approved by the UKBSWDA committee no less than 14 days prior to the event.
A14. Prior to the Trial start time and in order to comply with the FCI regulations, all handlers must present all relevant documents (i.e UKBSWDA, UKDA or equivalent Record book to the Trial Secretary.
A15. UKBSWDA members, who own an imported dogs and wishing to compete in any UKBSWDA event, must first acquire and present a UKBSWDA Performance Record Book.
A16. Any UKBSWDA Branch Club hosting a Club event will have the right to refuse entry to any individual in accordance with UKBSWDA rules.
A17. The hosting club must notify all other clubs secretaries by either mail or email of the upcoming trial at least 21 days prior to the closing date.
- Hosting club will cover judges flight/meals/transport and fees according to the prior arrangements with the selected judge
- Entry fee may differ throughout clubs per handler per dog. This money is payable to hosting club to cover their expenses (judge/helper) in order to help clubs in raising funds towards future trials. Any profit from food /drinks etc. stays with the organizing club.
- Hosting club is responsible for sourcing suitable helper for trial (see notes from UKBSWDA – may be useful to include no studs/hats etc. And also specify what expenses are covered.
- Club secretary applies for trial to be registered and advertised on UKBSWDA sites to the working branch manager with proposed dates of the trial. However, I strongly suggest that dates of the qualifiers or any major events are decided by end of each year.
- Any hosting club will have the right to refuse entry to any individual that may be known to causing trouble or has caused trouble in the past or who has been refused UKBSWDA membership and will be removed from such events without reasoning.
- The hosting club must notify all other clubs secretaries by either mail or email of the upcoming trial at least 21 days prior to the closing date.
- Trials should be suitably advertised i.e. Social media pages with consent from the working director, UKBSWDA main website in order to promote the IGP sport and UKBSWDA.
- Admin fee for trials payable to UKBSWDA working branch this fee will be put towards future working branch events/nationals/ qualifiers.
- There is to be no filming unless the individual has received consent from the trials manager due to the nature of such events where members of the public is permitted & any individual seen filming who has not received consent will be asked to leave such event
- Privacy: by virtue of the European Convention on Human Rights and the Human Rights Act 1998 everybody has a right to a respect for their private and family life, their home and their correspondence. The Court has held that “wrongful disclosure of private information” and “misuse of private information” would breach an individual’s right to respect for their private life, and, in certain circumstances, publication of an image of the relevant individual would amount to the misuse of private information.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 applies to any person or company “processing” anything within the definition of “personal data”. The Court has confirmed that storing, developing and printing photographs amounts to “processing” so by extension recording and exploiting video footage is also likely to be caught within the definition. “Personal data” is defined as anything relating to living individuals who can be identified from either that data itself or from that data and other information which the data processor holds or could have access to.
- There will no longer be “SchH or VPG” titles, only IGP.
- The former WH title is gone!
- A minimum score of 80 in protection is no longer required to move on to the next level. A minimum of 70 points is sufficient for the dog to go to the next level.
- A Judge may judge up to a maximum of 36 parts in one day.
- Note: It is still ok to present multiple scorebooks.
BH and BH/VT
- Sit Exercise - Handler stops after 10 to 15 steps and gives Sit Command while in Basic Position, then leaves 15 steps.
- Down with Recall Exercise – Handler stops after 10 to 15 steps and gives Down Command while in Basic Position, then leaves 30 steps
- BH/VT is for the first time Handler and includes the “theoretical examination” and the training/behavioral tests.
- Leather collars are permissible at this level!.
- IGP A 1, IGP A 2, & IGP A 3 (Utility Dog Title) The phases B/C are carried out for levels 1-3, similar to the old SchH A, but allowing a level 2 and 3 to be earned.
- FPr- 1-3: Tracking tests only phase A (BH required but can skip levels)
- UPr-1-3: Obedience tests only phase B (BH required but can skip levels)
- SPr-1-3: Protection phase C can only be given when in conjunction with a FPr 1-3 or a UPr1-3. (BH required but can skip levels)
- IPO ZTP: International Breed Suitability Test.
- Clubs are not required to offer this title in trials.
- I.G.P. : International Preliminary working test
- Clubs are not required to offer this title in trials.
- IGP 1-3: International Working test levels 1-3
- FH1 : Tracking test (1 track-1 day)
- FH2 : Tracking test (1 track-1 day)
- IGP-FH: International tracking test (2 FH 2 tracks, performed on 2 days, same judge allowed for Club trials, 2 judges for Championships)
- STp 1-3: Article search indication test