Constitution and By-laws: United Kingdom Belgian Shepherd Working Dog Association
SECTION 1: NAME
A. The name of this association shall be knowns as "United Kingdom Belgian Shepherd Working Dog Association"
SECTION 2: LOGO
A. The logo of this association may not be used by anyone other then the UKBSWDA or its affiliated clubs any club misrepresenting the organisation will face expulsion from the UKBSWDA
SECTION 3: PROFIT STATUS AND BUDGET
A. The Member Club is and shall be conducted as a non-profit organisation.
B. No member may derive any income from the association. Persons who, in the course of official duties or in service to the association, incur expenses may apply to the Treasurer for reimbursement of these expenses.
C. The fiscal year of the UKBSWDA shall begin on January 1st of each year.
ARTICLE II : OBJECTIVES
The objectives of this association shall be to preserve the Belgian Malinois in accordance with the Breed Standard as a working dog, to promote humane training methods for the working dog, and to support responsible dog ownership and breeding practices.
- Promote IPO/Mondio/Agility/Scentwork/KNPV training for the working dog.
- Promote the versatility of the Belgian Malinois by supporting and participating in the sports of schutzhund, IPO, Mondio Ring, and agility trials, tracking and endurance tests, and working certifications for SAR and detection dogs.
- Promote any other competitions or tests to insure the further development and maintenance of the Belgian Malinois as a working dog, and to encourage local clubs to implement these competitions and tests.
- Support the use of working dogs for search and rescue work, police work, customs and border patrol work, guide dog work, scenting work and in other ways for which working dogs are utilized.
- Produce a vehicle of communication to promote the objectives of the association.
ARTICLE IV: INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
SECTION 1. TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
The UKBSWDA, and its Member Clubs are classified as IPO schutzhund training clubs for working Belgian Malinois, and open to other breeds for the purposes of training at the discretion of the club.
A Full Membership in this association includes a membership in the UKBSWDA with voting rights.
Honorary Members shall have all rights and privileges of membership, but shall not vote or hold office.
There is individual & joint membership available.
SECTION 2: RULES FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIPS
A. Annual dues
The club officers shall establish the amount of dues for all types of membership. Honorary members shall be exempt from annual dues. Dues shall be honored for one (1) year from the date of origin, and payable by January 1st the current membership is found on the memberships page http://www.ukbswda.co.uk/membership .
B. Non-payment of dues
One (1) month before the expiration date of his membership, each member shall be so notified by Member Club. Any member whose dues are not paid by the expiration date shall have his membership canceled. Such cancellation shall result in loss of all rights and privileges of membership.
Any member of the UKBSWDA may resign from the association at any time and shall be deleted from the membership list. Resignations must be submitted to the Membership secretary in writing. All dues are non-refundable.
SECTION 3: DUTIES OF OFFICERS and MEMBERS
The President is the Chief Executive Officer and legal head of the association. The president exercises supervision over the association and all its activities. The President may sign letters and documents necessary to carry out the will of the association. The President promotes activities that enhance communication among members and other individuals or associations that are aligned with the objectives of Member Club and has the final decision regarding matters related to the UKBSWDA.
B. Vice President
The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President in case of his/her absence or incapacitation. The Vice President shall assume that office for the remainder of the term in the event the office is vacated for any reason.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for collecting, accounting for and handling all funds of the association. The Treasurer shall insure that all funds are deposited in a designated financial institution. He/she shall see that disbursements therefrom are made as is necessary and proper to meet the just and due obligations of Member Club. The Treasurer shall maintain a financial report available on request by the President or other officers. The Treasurer shall make all of his/her records available at the General Board meeting for review by any full member of UKBSWDA. The Treasurer shall terminate the membership of any individual if dues are not paid.
D. General Secretary
The Secretary shall be responsible for taking and preparing accurate minutes of all meetings and shall maintain a complete file of the ordinances, bylaw revisions, resolutions and other official Member Club action. The secretary shall maintain a file of committees and the members thereof. The secretary shall be responsible for overseeing the membership records of individuals and shall insure that all membership requirements are met.
E. Training Directors
Training Directors are responsible for ensuring the use of humane and effective methods of training for the training of the Belgian Malinois in various sports and tests. Training Directors are selected in their area of expertise in training the Belgian Malinois for work or for sport. Each director is the club’s point of contact as indicated in their title. These appointments are designed to promote activities and learning in all aspects of work and sport with the Belgian Malinois.
All Members of Member Clubs recognize the UKBSWDA as the parent organization and agree to the observance of the UKBSWDA Constitution and Bylaws and ordinances. In the event of conflict between the provisions of the UKBSWDA Constitution and Bylaws and/or rules and the bylaws and/or rules of Member Club, the provision(s) of the UKBSWDA Constitution and Bylaws and/or rules shall prevail.
FMBB World Championships: All UKBSWDA members who express interest in going to the FMBB WC and meets the required scores will get as much help as we can possibly provide be that in helping the team to gain sponsorship etc though this is not a given right and all responsibility in making provisions to get to the event lies solely with the participant.
Our ethos is to promote positive training and to ensure a happy healthy environment for dogs to thrive in,
- The UKBSWDA and its members will promote positive training methods above all others and any member promoting punitive methods by way of ecollar training will be liable to have their membership revoked while we understand it is a training tool it must not be promoted for every training situation ie recall or the socialization of dogs and with the current ban on ecollars in other parts of the UK and current debate in the UK we envisage a ban on these type of devices for the whole of the UK even if they are not banned we will not promote such training methods, any applicant or current member must not promote or sell electric training devices on their website or social media pages as we do not promote this type of training any person found doing so may have their application refused and any current member may be suspended and random visits are made to our training clubs to ensure compliance, in recent years while competing whole teams have been disqualified from major dog sport events due to e collar use and the latest news is Holland is introducing a ban on electric training devices http://www.hondensport.com/KNPV/prikband_verbod_2018.html
- Any member who shall be suspended by the UKBSWDA, shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the UKBSWDA.
- We will work with organizations that have the breeds best interest as their core values.
- With the rise in social media we expect all our members to conduct themselves in a manner that does not harm our breed our organisation or bring our breeds organisations FMBB/FCI or other UKBSWDA members into disrepute in anyway.
For Branch Members: Full public liability insurance to be in place & displayed at the training grounds this insurance must cover protection training as per SIA standard if training security/sports & personal protection dogs not just pet dog training insurance as this does not cover protection/bitework training, all UKBSWDA Clubs & affiliated clubs training protection/bitework should have this in place to cover club members & the general public also professional indemnity insurance should also be in place as good practice if giving dog training advice or carrying out behavioural work to club members & the general public.
The UKBSWDA is committed to encourageing personal development of its trainers in all canine related sectors ranging from training to behaviour.
All licensed bite helpers to wear adequate protection clothing while training dogs in protection.
Members of the public that are spectating at training sessions should be at a safe cordoned off distance away from club members dogs & advised of the club rules.
At no time should any trainer or member of the UKBSWDA bring the organisation into disrepute by way of mistreating any dogs or speaking about members in a disrespectful manner, any member or trainer found doing so may be disciplined before the committee & may be subject to expulsion from the UKBSWDA.
All members must give full disclosure regarding health and temperament when promoting dogs as breeding dogs.
All UKBSWDA branches are subject to periodic visits to ensure the UKBSWDA ethos is adhered too.
For a copy of our complaints procedure email [email protected] only available to paid up members.
We welcome you to our growing organisation
The UKBSWDA TEAM.